Here it is! The meal plan that Mr. B and I will follow the next 2 weeks.
Here’s some tips that I wish someone would of told me when I started to meal plan:
- When I sit down to plan, I ALWAYS make sure I have my planner with me. This way I don’t plan something outrageous for dinner on a day where it should be something easy because we have something to go do.
- I use Excel for my meal plan. It’s really simple and really easy to keep up.
- When making my meal plan, I try to do it well I’m at home. That way I know what sort of things I have and that need to be used up.
- Breakfasts are normally cereal or yogurt and fruit
- Lunches are normally sandwiches with fruits or veggies (or other snacks)
- My meal plans start on Sunday, I normally shop on Saturday
- Fridays are (almost) always homemade pizza.
Please note that I did not attach a shopping list as well, this is because Mr. B and I stock up on meat products when it goes on sale. We do this by taking the money leftover from our shopping that we don’t spend and either spending it on meats that are on sale or saving it until there is a good sale on meats.
Here’s the meal plan. (I figured something simple because these next two weeks are pretty busy).
Sunday: Dinner with Mr. B’s parents (Yay I didn’t have to cook!!)
Monday: Our Valentine’s dinner (Again, I didn’t have to cook!)
Tuesday: Taco’s, salad
Wednesday: Lion’s dinner (No cooking)
Thursday: Mini Chicken Pot Pie’s (these are great, they don’t really need a side, but I’m going to throw in a side salad or some cut up fruit)
Friday: Homemade Pizza, salad (recipe coming soon!)
Saturday: Dinner out with my dad (Sister’s birthday is at the beginning of March)
Sunday: Chicken Wraps (recipe coming soon!) *I picked these because they are really filling but light on the stomach, especially with all of the eating out this week*
Monday: Chicken Parmesan, salad, garlic bread
Tuesday: Hamburgers (homemade buns – recipe coming soon), Mac n cheese, salad
Wednesday: Sloppy Joes (homemade buns), potato, steamed carrots and zucchini
Thursday: Steaks (T-Bone I believe), mashed potatoes and gravy, salad OR steamed veggies
Friday: Homemade Pizzas, bosco sticks and side salad
Saturday: Dinner with friends (We aren’t sure if I’m cooking or we are taking them out)
So what are your thoughts? Any suggestions for the next meal plan? I have a shrimp dish that I might do as well as a pulled pork dish and maybe something else with BBQ sauce!
Until next time,