Hello my Darlings!
I hope all is well with you. Depending on if you follow along on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter – you may already know this. I’ve gotten back into the kitchen and I’m working on some more recipe blog posts!
That’s right darlings! This kitchen is open, and what better way to celebrate than with a yummy Shepard’s Pie??
So here’s what you’ll need:
- Ground Meat – this goes great with either Turkey or Beef (about 1 pound)
- Onion (1 medium)
- Flour (1/4 cup)
- Milk (1/4 cup)
- Butter (1/4 cup)
- Cream of Soup – if using Ground Turkey you can use Cream of chicken, if ground beef I use cream of celery. You can also use cream of mushroom if you want. (1 can)
- Veggies (between 2 and 4 cups)
- Mashed Potatoes (about 4-5 medium potatoes)
- Shredded Cheese – I use sharp cheddar, but this is also good with mozzarella as well. (enough to cover the top of the pie)
- Cook onion and ground meat together – Drain
- Once drained combine butter, milk and flour with meat and onion mixture
- Once combined thoroughly add veggies – the more veggies you add the bigger the baking dish you’ll need.
- Once Veggie’s are added – then add your cream of soup
- Mix soup into veggie and meat mixture the place into a 13×9 baking dish
- By this point the potatoes should be done, mash them with butter and milk like you normally would (for a late night quick solution, you can use instant potatoes – I have done that before since I work a normal 40 hour week, plus all of my other commitments).
- Layer the mashed potatoes on top of the meat mixture
- Put a layer of cheese on top of the mashed potatoes – this part is all about personal preference, if you want to be on the healthier side you can either skip or add just a little bit of cheese, if you like the melt-y goodness of cheese then layer it on there!
- Bake at 350° for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is at the desired level of melt-yness and enjoy!
Until next time,